Friday, September 11, 2015

Black and white, rule of thirds, McCallum

BLACK& WHITE

I chose this photo because of the amount of contrast there is and it makes an illusion. The illusion is that there is a student sitting in the doorway. I also liked the way the focal point of the picture isn't actually in focus. The texture of the door adds more detail to the photo and overall makes it more interesting, not to mention that the window frames the subject which is soemthing people tend to look for in a picture.

I chose this photo because of the detail shown in her (Kate's) eyes and the contrast between them and her skin. I also think that the photo is even more interesting because she is looking directly into the eyes of the viewer. By cropping out her other facial features, it simplifies the picture and adds more depth.

I chose this picture because of how the picture is mirrored. I liked the mystery in not knowing what we actually look like. I also like the contrast in the picture.

MCCALLUM:
I chose this photo because it shows how people are caring for our school. It is also cool because the photo is centered and you can see the custodians reflection on the floor.

This photo represents McCallum because for one, Mr. Winter is like walking school pride. The other reason why I chose this photo is because he is teaching Kennedy about photojournalism and they are both happy.
I chose this picture because the library is filled with people having fun and looking for new books to read. I like how the mirror gives the photo a unique fish eye effect. This picture also shows all of the behind the scenes which I thought was interesting.

RULE OF THIRDS:
I chose this photo because I liked how the walls of the school framed the teacher. The silhouette also made the picture a lot more interesting, and I liked how the picture had a shallow depth of field.

I chose this picture because it was funny to me because there is a student walking on the wet floor. Not only does the sign follow the rule of thirds but so does the person in the background. I also chose this picture because the brightly colored sign is the first thing you notice in the picture.

I liked this picture because of the range of color and the shallow depth of field. I also like how he doesn't hav any expression in this picture and he is looking directly at the camera.



Bonus pictures!!!
I liked this picture because of the contrast and framing that is formed by the windows.

I like this photo because of the repetition, detail, and leading lines. This picture is so detailed that you can see the dirt on the fence and I like how it was taken at an angle. 




1 comment:

  1. You are very talented and very good at reflecting on your work. These pictures are very, very strong and compelling. 100.

    ReplyDelete