Monday, April 11, 2016

Planning my magazine cover

My magazine would be focused on nature and the outdoors. It would appeal to anyone that likes hiking or anything like that so it could be for all ages. The typical reader would be probably 12-65 and it would be appealing it both men and women in mostly rural but also urban areas. The title would be "The Climb" because it represents outdoor activities and it is also a pretty cool song by Miley Cyrus which is a bonus obviously. My magazine would have a fun and sophisticated vibe and it would inspire people to get outside more. I will have a color scheme of greens and blues and white and have a cool color theme that is present in nature. I am going to use fonts that mesh well together and I would model it kind of like Elle magazine where they use a variety of fonts and colors. I would keep the colors and fonts and the spacing of the words but I wouldn't keep the plain background or the coveted title. I would use a photo based magazine because nature is beautiful and that's what entices a lot of people to come outside. My first cover story will be about how keeping animals as pets is affecting the ecosystem and I will show it by having it in a bigger font and I will show the page numbers and make sure it stands out. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the prototype cover. Everything here looks promising. 100

    ReplyDelete