Thursday, December 17, 2015

Final project- photo essay

Got a Latte Work to do
The holidays are approaching and my mom pulls into the coffee bean and tea leaf for an energy boost before she starts her busy day. "Having my coffee is essential to get everything done on time" she says.

Sharing is Car-ing
My mom picks up our friends, Nadia Freeman, Adrien Stedman, Jack Davern, and Audrey Sayer from McCallum High School after the fourth day of finals. "I like to carpool because it's a good time to reflect on our day" says freshman, Nadia Freeman.

Shopportunities
Shopping at Urban Outfitters on the drag, my mom looks for gifts. Christmas is a time for friends, family, and least importantly, presents. Finals have made it a busy week, so we have to try to get our shopping done whenever there is an opportunity. "It's not only the most wonderful time of the year, but one of the most stressful" says my mom. 

Red and Green for Stop and Go
Not only are the holidays filled will congested noses, but also congested streets. On the way back to McCallum, for the fourth time that day, my mom gets stuck in a traffic jam. "There is so much driving to be done this week, especially since Henry is in soccer now" she says. 

Home Sweet Home
After all of the driving, my brother, Henry, my mom and I return home. This is when we start our homework, eat, and in my moms case, take a 15 minute "power nap". "Taking a little nap is just what I need to get back on my feet and carry on with the day" my mom says. 

More Decor
My mom puts up the house decorations later this year, due to how busy she has been, taking care of her two high school students. "I'm surprised your decorations weren't up already, especially because you guys love to celebrate Christmas" says Delaney Carter.

Paw-some Play Mate
My mom plays with our dog, Emma in the back yard so she (Enma) can let out some energy. "It's hard to find the time to play with [Emma] because I am always working and so is mom" says my brother, Henry.

Wash Where You're Going!
My mom puts the dishes in the dish washer after the days dirty work (dishes), making sure our house is clean for our holiday guests. "It's hard to keep the house clean when everyone keeps using a bunch of cups" she says.

She's quite the Wrapper
Under a time crunch, my mom hurrys to wrap some of my cousins presents to be sent off to Portland, Oregon. "I'm glad to have some help because I couldn't wrap everything by myself" says my mom. 

Walkin around the Christmas tree
My mom takes our dog on a walk so they can both stay excercised and burn off the calories from all of these holiday snacks around Christmas time. "Bark bark" (I love when mom finds time to take me on walks) says Emma. 

Having a ruff time getting home
My dog and my mom run into other walking dogs, and my mom has to try to pull them apart.
^bonus pic!
Wore-n Out
"It's amazing how fast you guys can go through clothes" says my mom as she works on doing the laundry at the end of the day. 

Sleigh bells (ear)ring
Before going out to her boyfriends holiday work party, my mom gets ready and puts on some jewelry. "I'm glad she can come with me, it seems like she's pretty busy" says her boyfriend, Dan. 

Shopping is my car-dio
After a long day of running errands, my mom goes out on one more run to the store to grab some more things for dinner. "It's hard work, but it all pays off" say my mom.








1 comment:

  1. Your mom does a lot. You should get her something nice for Christmas. The essay starts with too many pictures of the back of your mom's head. Photo 1 and Photo 4 are awfully similar. The images get more varied and more interesting as the essay unfolds. The best images in this collection are really strong. Paw-some Playmate is professional quality. Walking around the Christmas Tree also very good. Well done. Love, love, love your lead-in headlines. 96

    ReplyDelete