Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Portfolio review 2

I really like this portfolio and j think it has some really powerful photos along with stories. One thing I would change if I were you is that I might change is that I would put the performances at the end and football season at the beginning so it will flow better. The story with Jacqueline's mom is really powerful and I like the way you put it in there so it will stand out because I think it is one of the key points of the portfolio. The pictures don't really go well together, but I think that their creativity help them fit together anyways. The captions help to explain what is important about the photo and it creates a mini story. These captions probably don't need to be that long but I think it's okay. I really like the first couple of pictures and I think they are very powerful, but as you go on they decrease slightly in composition where as I think that it should get better as you look at it. I don't mean to be harsh, I think it's a really great portfolio. Which one got honorable mention? For me, there was a little bit too much about the protest about abortion... I think it is interesting but it doesn't really have to do much with McCallum. I think you could have maybe focused in more about the interesting and cooler aspects of our school like the other portfolio did. 

1 comment:

  1. Both portfolios got honorable mention. The judges actually praised us for having off-campus photojournalism pictures and criticized us for having the performance photos. Nice specific comments here. Very helpful. 98

    ReplyDelete